Bernie Stephan, MBA - Broker for Eco Realty
- Phone:(415) 488-4567
- Advising Buyers on community and neighborhoods is crucial to choosing the right property.
- Helping Sellers prepare their homes for sale, plan the launch, and strategize negotiations are essential to getting the best price.
- Bernie's tenure and expertise with the buying and selling processes and the appropriate uses of technologies are unparalleled.
- Bernie's enthusiasm for the communities of people, the watersheds, and the ecosystems in the North Bay is truly unique.
Having been born in Germany, near Hamburg, raised in Winnipeg, Canada, by immigrant parents, and then having moved to Southern California at age 16, I have experienced cultural diversity. Moving around for much of my life, I've developed the skills for adapting to change. With a BA in Mathematics from the University of California, Irvine, and an MBA from Golden Gate University, San Francisco, I know how to analyze client needs and wants and solve transactional problems. I have experienced several major real estate market shifts and have developed strategies for making the most of rapidly changing conditions.
For the past 50+ years, my wife Jeri and I have raised our two kids in the San Francisco North Bay and are now enjoying three grandchildren growing up here. From living and working over 50 years in Mill Valley, San Rafael, San Geronimo, Novato, Petaluma, Sebastopol, Point Reyes, and Inverness, I have extensive personal knowledge of the communities. I genuinely love helping clients find the neighborhoods and properties that best fit their circumstances.
As an Information Technology Professional for 25 years, followed by three years as a Licensed Appraiser and then 24 years as a Real Estate Broker, I know the business, real estate, and how to advise and represent my clients effectively. I have owned and managed three realty offices and supervised over 50 agents, closing above 3,000 real estate sales and leases over the years.
I've successfully mediated disputes between buyers and sellers, keeping everyone out of court. I follow standard practices and give sound, practical advice. My communications and negotiating skills are excellent. I always operate with the highest ethical standards, fulfilling my fiduciary duties. As Buyers and Sellers become more knowledgeable and more directly involved in their home search and buying and selling processes, I know how to complement the level of involvement each client prefers.
Bernie's Business & Community Involvements
- Information Technology – Staff Director at Pacific Bell
- Computer Analyst, Designer, and Programmer
- QA Consultant with Computer Power Group
- Marin County Licensed Real Estate Appraiser
- Broker/Owner of RE/MAX Marina in Petaluma
- Broker/Owner of RE/MAX Marin Pros in Novato
- Director for the Marin Association of Realtors
- State Director for California Association of Realtors
- Member of BAREIS MLS Committee for 20 years
- Grievance Committee for North Bay Assoc of Realtors
- Advisor to California Energy Commission on Energy Rating
- Certified Green Building Professional with Build It Green
- Two-term Trustee for Lagunitas School District
- Co-founded the Public Montessori Program at LSD
- VP and Director of Sustainable Marin
- Environmental Forum of Marin - Graduate
- Co-founder of Transition West Marin
- Co-host of KWMR's Post Carbon Radio Show
- Co-host of KWMR’s Let’s Talk Call-In Show
- Tectonic Shifts Columnist with the Point Reyes Light
- Regenerative Design Institute - Permaculture Design
- Regenerative Design Institute - Ecology of Leadership
- Marin County Coordinator for MoveOn.org
- Laguna de Santa Rosa Foundation - Guide
- Youth Soccer Coach in West Marin & Petaluma
- Certified iReal Estate Professional
- Certified New Home Co-Broker
- Trio Lease-to-Own Preferred Agent
- Certified Homebids Agent
Whatever your shelter needs, "Broker Bernie" is your guy!
"I am committed to providing prompt and effective service to my buyers, sellers, and property owners. I represent their economic and ecological interests and always put their needs and wants first.
I do this work because I love driving about in the North Bay, and I receive tremendous satisfaction in helping clients realize their real estate goals. It’s a personal and collaborative process, and I'll be beside you, giving advice and guidance throughout the sometimes complicated process of buying, selling, or maintaining real estate."
I always appreciate the comments and feedback from past clients. I'm constantly working to improve my skills, tools, and services.
And I love having you refer me to your friends and family. When it involves property in Marin or Sonoma Counties, I would like to be your and their Realtor.
Please call me with their contact info. And ask them to visit this website. MarinSonoma.com is a great introduction to my world. And if they hire me to help them buy or sell their home in my area, I will pay you 10% of my commission earned. If you are a past client, that “thank you” share of my commission is 15%.