Bernie Stephan, MBA - Broker for Eco Realty
- Phone:(415) 488-4567
- Advising Buyers on community and neighborhoods is crucial to choosing the right property.
- Helping Sellers prepare their homes for sale, plan the launch, and strategize negotiations are essential to getting the best price.
- Bernie's tenure and expertise with the buying and selling processes and the appropriate uses of technologies are unparalleled.
- Bernie's enthusiasm for the communities of people, the watersheds, and the ecosystems in the North Bay is truly unique.
I’ve been helping people buy and sell homes throughout Marin and Sonoma counties — the phenomenal area that’s been my home for some 50 years — for the past two and half decades.
I know this community like my own backyard — the land, the neighborhoods, the homes and buildings. I know the market too, and not just from a real estate perspective, but in the way it is being continually shaped and reshaped by local, state and national economic trends.
What sets me apart from most of my colleagues in this industry? My deep involvement in the area’s ecosystems, its watersheds and all the living things — including the people! — that depend on this land. This is more than an interest or hobby. It’s a commitment. Following are my key credentials.
• Certified Build It Green Professional
• Vice President of Sustainable Marin
• Advisor to the California Energy Commission
• Guide with Laguna de Santa Rosa Foundation
• Co-host of KWMR’s Post-Carbon Show and Let’s Talk call-in show
• Member of the Environmental Forum of Marin
• Participant in the RDI Permaculture Design Program
• Participant in the RDI Ecology of Leadership Program
• Co-founder of Marin's first Public Montessori Program
• Lagunitas School District Trustee
• Co-founder of Transition West Marin
• Columnist for the Point Reyes Light
• Youth Soccer Coach
• Marin Coordinator for MoveOn.org
• Director, California Association of Realtors
• Director, Marin Association of Realtors
• Chair, MLS Committee of BAREIS
• Certified New Home Co-Broker
• Preferred Agent, Trio Lease-to-Own
• Certified Homebids Agent
Actually, I haven’t been in real estate my whole life. I worked as an IT professional for 25 years at Pacific Bell before qualifying as a Licensed Appraiser and, after another three years, transitioning into my current profession.
Since then, my hands-on work helping to happily house and rehouse people has given me priceless experience in negotiating, strategizing, counseling, communicating (with the help of the most up-to-date technologies) and properly preparing homes for sale.
I’ve owned two RE/MAX franchises, supervised 50 agents and closed some three thousand transactions.
If you’re looking for someone who can give you rock-steady, experienced representation in the real estate purchase or sale you’re contemplating, you can do no better than to meet with me and learn how I can help you.
And if you’re as concerned as I am about the environment where we live, you’re not likely to find an agent who’s as committed to helping safeguard the world around us.
Whatever your shelter needs, "Broker Bernie" is your guy!
"I am committed to providing prompt and effective service to my buyers, sellers, and property owners. I represent their economic and ecological interests and always put their needs and wants first.
I do this work because I love driving about in the North Bay, and I receive tremendous satisfaction in helping clients realize their real estate goals. It’s a personal and collaborative process, and I'll be beside you, giving advice and guidance throughout the sometimes complicated process of buying, selling, or maintaining real estate."
I always appreciate the comments and feedback from past clients. I'm constantly working to improve my skills, tools, and services.
And I love having you refer me to your friends and family. When it involves property in Marin or Sonoma Counties, I would like to be your and their Realtor.
Please call me with their contact info. And ask them to visit this website. MarinSonoma.com is a great introduction to my world. And if they hire me to help them buy or sell their home in my area, I will pay you 10% of my commission earned. If you are a past client, that “thank you” share of my commission is 15%.