250 Avenida Barbera, Sonoma
Homes for Sale in Sonoma County Senior Communities
Charts of prices and days on market for Oakmont over the past 10 years:
Senior Communities, often restricting the ages of residents to 55 years or older, come in various shapes and sizes. Some focus heavily on assisted living services and others on independent "active adult" living. Some specialize in luxury living within a large complex, often with golf courses and single-family homes. Others are more densely configured as condo units to accommodate lower costs of ownership
Some of the pros generally associated with senior communities:
- Safety and security are priorities, with alert systems built-in to quickly respond to household accidents like falling.
- Location planning has generally resulted in the 55+ communities being near medical facilities.
- Appropriate services are at hand for housekeeping, landscaping, and nursing care.
- ADA compliant facilities.
- Amenities, as shared spaces, offer activities like pools, spas, tennis, golf, hiking paths, and exercise equipment.
- More socialization occurs through meetups, interest groups, card games, and shared dining experiences.
- Healthy living is encouraged through yoga classes, walking groups, fitness programs, and nutritious meals.
Some cons might be:
- Lack of age diversity with fewer younger people and kids around.
- Further away from family and old friends.
- HOA dues tend to be high, supporting the amenities and services provided.
- Homes are often smaller than previously owned, so hosting Thanksgiving dinner is no longer feasible.
Our website features the best Sonoma County - Senior Communities real estate search for homes and condos available. It is easy-to-use and updated by the BAREIS database every 15 minutes.
You can save searches and get daily email alerts of new listings, price changes, sold data, and market reports.
Our Interactive Map Search allows you to view properties on a map and refine your search as you desire.
today to find out how we can be of assistance to you!
Most Recently Available Sonoma County Homes for Sale in Senior Communities
488 Oak Brook Court, Santa Rosa
16 Woodgreen Street, Santa Rosa
7249 Oak Leaf Drive, Santa Rosa
8850 Hood Mountain Way, Santa Rosa
145 Westgate Circle, Santa Rosa
1301 Schuman Lane, Petaluma
6596 Meadowridge Drive, Santa Rosa
720 Petaluma S Boulevard Unit 28, Petaluma
409 Ridgegreen Drive, Santa Rosa
6526 Meadowgreen Place, Santa Rosa
8155 Willow Street, Windsor
6600 Oakmont Drive, Santa Rosa
6454 Stone Bridge Road, Santa Rosa
327 Pythian Road, Santa Rosa
421 Trail Ridge Place, Santa Rosa
336 Pythian Road, Santa Rosa
304 Orchard Street, Healdsburg
712 Rosemary Clooney Court, Windsor
6716 Fairfield Drive, Santa Rosa
7407 Oakmont Drive, Santa Rosa
1273 Mission Drive, Sonoma
385 Riven Rock Way, Santa Rosa
6356 Meadowridge Drive, Santa Rosa
741 Tommy Dorsey Court, Windsor